It’s the middle of the week already people! It has been crazy around here, running around a ton and feeling trapped in the house because of the snow. I hate when I feel like I am stuck in one place. I wanted to post today about my recent eats n’ treats as well as some things I have been up to. So let’s get to it…
Time at home means I have more time to make fantastic breakfasts! Guys, my husband and I are quite the team when it comes to making pancakes. I mixed up:
- Bisquick hearth-healthy pancake mix
- Oh Yeah! vanilla protein powder
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1.5 c. almond milk
- 1 banana (ripe)
No grainy texture or strange chalky taste with these pancakes. Holy yum! Whipped up some fried eggs and a chicken maple sausage patty with pure maple syrup and hot daymn, we had a great breakfast.
After spin class on Saturday, I got my husband to take me to Truffles again for my favorite yogurt parfait. I literally dream of the granola it comes with. After my workout on Sunday, I got this rolled oats breakfast which was small but satisfying. I think it was the brown sugar that really made it a hit. I had some coffee and a snack of Fage Greek yogurt mixed with my latest obsession: cinnamon,pb, and banana. Maybe I am strange but I love the thick consistency of it.
Dinners have been lame lately. Pizza, veggie burgers, steak, some sweet potato fries, and teriyaki chicken from Trader Joe’s Like I said… lame.
Well, not really adventures as much as what I have been up to.
- At-home workouts. I almost went crazy on Friday when I was stuck in the house for another whole day. I decided to try Max 30 from the Beachbody On Demand workout archives. Don’t let the smile fool ya. I was a sweaty mess! Shaun T pushed me through a 30 minute cardio-based workout that made me gasp for air. Definitely worth checking out if you are an at-home workout person.
2. Spin Class! Husband begged me to go with him and since he doesn’t usually like to workout together, I obliged. I forget how much I enjoy the sweat session!
3. BodyRoc. If you missed my post with Shaun from BodyRoc, you can find out more about it here. I have definitely needed the punching bag component of the class lately. Sometimes it feels amazing to just hit something!
4. Playing with this goofball in the snow. Little Lucy hates the snow but you would never know it from this video. She seriously makes me smile and laugh more than some people do! Dogs are great.
- What have you been up to lately? Any adventures?
- What have you been loving eating lately?