Happy Friday, everyone!
Some of my favorite bloggers use Friday’s for “coffee chats” and “thinking out loud.” I want to start to do my own form of this called Friday in Focus where I highlight what has been on my mind and in my heart. So, here it goes…
- This post. It means everything. As a teacher, I have these sentiments and while it opens up a Pandora’s box of discussion, it just has been a large topic of discussion in my family.
- This post by Kylie from immaeatthat.com. I love how vulnerable she is and willing to share her journey with her readers. The topic that resonates with me is her experience with veterinary school. She states that after not being admitted, she “was crushed. Not because I wanted to go, but because that meant I didn’t know what I was doing with my life. I had no idea what to do next.” I wanted to scream when I read this because I related to it so much and still do. I felt like this when I left medical school behind. It took me a while to realize I am not sad because I had to go, but because it meant that I was unsure of where my life was taking me.
- This tank from Old Navy. I bought one in black and kindddd of want to get one in every color. It is long enough that it hides my inevitable camel toe and breathable enough that I don’t feel like I am suffocating during a workout.
- These Under Armor headbands. I lerrrrvveeee these headbands! They are the only ones that don’t stink after I work out and don’t slip. I have quite the head of thick hair and these are the first headbands that actually do their job.
- This tea. I usually get it from Starbucks when I am feeling under the weather. It is so flavorful that I don’t feel like I am just drinking watered down chai. Who needs the extra calories from a latte when this tastes so good? I have gotten the latte and I am not a fan of how milky it tastes.
- Current mood:7. Some highlights from my week:
Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful weekend!
- Any big plans for the weekend? My husband and I have to finish painting a bathroom and plan on relaxing for the rest. Feeling kind of under the weather today.
- Can anyone else relate to the teacher article?